CRISPIN WEBB VLOG

Friday, September 02, 2005

MY FIRST DRAWINGS IN YEARS



































The above images are 3 of the first large scale drawings I have done in years. I gave up drawing over 2 years ago. I gave it up because it was doing nothing for me i am always preocupied with the image of a drawing the art of it so I quit. I am coming back to drawing in these because i have begun to use drawing as a tool to form ideas and to conceptualize the functions of my sculpture, video and other works. I dont know if i will keep doing these but thought it was worth a go. I have been drawing in my sketch book for a little while but drawing on a sheet of paper on the wall is a whole lot different. I am finding that my ideas are a little contrived when working on the wall i am a little to preocupied with the art part of the drawing on a large piece of paper. I have been thinking i should use my sketch book to make the drawings so the ideas are real, and less fussy.


1 Comments:

At 9/19/2005 1:35 AM, Blogger Rhett And Celine said...

I love them all! make more!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home